Re: Repotting Question

You can repot at any time, as long as you're not disturbing the roots. The tricky part is to hold the long vine as you pot so that they don't break.

----- Original Message ----- From: "SueNY" <sue.nyc@att.net>
Cc: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 3:38 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Repotting Question

I have two tomato plants in 5 gallon pots that need to be repotted into 10
gal. Is it better to do this in the evening? It's very hot (95!) and humid
right now and I don't want to stress the plants anymore than necessary,
especially since they have fruit and blossoms galore. I watered them earlier
today so they are fine where they are for now, but since I found roots
starting to peer out of the bottom (I always check the bottoms of the pots
to make sure the drainage holes aren't blocked and such) I figure I'd better
do it soon!

Sue (6B)