Darn Rain!

I was in my little garden today repotting a jalepeno that had outgrown it's
3 gallon pot.. When I slid the root ball out I noticed there was green slime
here and there. The poor plants are plenty watered thanks to the almost
daily storms we've been getting. It's a new pot with more and bigger
drainage holes and fresh soil, so hopefully it'll be okay. The roots looked
nice and firm and white and the plant itself is nice and green and full of
peppers and flowers. The soil was moist but not soggy dripping wet.. Maybe
that means I caught it in time!

 Speaking of which, someone knocked over a few of my pots overnight. I
suspect it was  one of the people who come around with big shopping carts
and raid everyone's garbage for bottles and cans (we NYers are strict
recyclers-we are required to seperate bottles and cans and paper and plastic
for collection). I noticed one of them standing on the sidewalk looking at
his stash earlier in the evening. Most of the plants were fine, but one of
my jalepenos broke a branch. Unfortunately it had a blossom and a baby
pepper on it.. Oh well. The remaining plant has plenty of both. I don't care
if they want my bottles and cans, but I wish they'd be more careful!

Sue (6B)