From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 7:41 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Jb magnets

Bonnie, I wasn't sure what you meant by June Bugs (especially since my
Japanese Beetles never show up until July) so I looked it up and June Bug
covers "any of numerous rather large leaf-eating scarab beetles (subfamily
Melolonthinae) that fly chiefly in late spring and have larvae that are
white grubs which live in soil and feed chiefly on the roots of grasses and
other plants", so I guess my Japanese Beetles might fit into that category
except that they are summer visitors, but I don't know if YOUR June Bugs are
Japanese Beetles.

I don't use bait or bags, they just attract more and to be effective would
have to be moved everytime the wind changes course.  Not happenin' here.
Rue could be a plant in any of 15 genera, but I'm thinking you might mean
Ruta graveolens.  I didn't know it was a deterrent; always thought of it as
an herb and a bit weedy, but I guess I could give it a try.  Thanks.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5