Re: It's monsoon... NOW Fireworks

Kitty, that was a brilliant response! I only regret I didn't send it to the editor of our county paper.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] It's monsoon...

Our local paper occasionally poses a question for people to write particular letters to the editor. Today they printed an entire page of repsonses to what people thought of the new fireworks law that allows greater access and home use. There were no positive replies. It was quite surprising how many people have their dogs on Valium and other tranquilizers.

Jim, your monsoon is Ma Nature doing her thing, and then Bashful doing hers - might quickly too I might add! ;+) _^..^_! But high powered, mortar-style exhibition fireworks as well as firecrackers, bottle rockets, and every other noisemaker imaginable going off at all hours of the day and night for weeks on end is pure nonsense.

One person suggested that "If you like noise, join the military." She said she thought of this year's 4th of July Fireworks as a tribute to the young men and women who have lost their lives in the recent war and that if these idiots like the noise so much they can volunteer to replace one of the 2000 soldiers who did not get the opportunity to share one last holiday with their family.

neIN, Zone 5