Theresa

james singer wrote:
Cool, Theresa. Is this the plant whose sap is a counter-irritant to mosquito bites and chiggers and such?

On Jul 13, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Theresa W. wrote:

I found it! Not exactly the same, and my recall was that mine we pink, not orange, but who knows maybe I forgot over the years.

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=IMCA&photoID=imca_2h.jpg

Theresa W. wrote:
Hmm- so does anyone know if some related impatiens grows wild in Maine?

Theresa

Zemuly Sanders wrote:
Sheri, you are a genius!
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sheri Ann Richerson" <SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:39 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Rare flower

That is a blue impatiens. They are sold from time to time on ebay as
Impatiens arguata Blue Dreams.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bird-shaped-blooms-Blue-Dream-Impatiens-arguta-Rare_W0QQ
itemZ120006986138QQihZ002QQcategoryZ25463QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sheri

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W