Re: Container plants/ Tecoma stans

Ceres, you didn't mention where or how you are growing it.  This is a  common
landscape plant here in Texas.  Tecoma stans (aka  Esperanza) is one of the
easiest plants to grow, and blooms non-stop all  year until frost.  It does
need direct sun and will not bloom well with  less light.  Here we grow it in
full sun, mine gets sun all day....so it is  tolerant of heat and direct sun.  It
is deciduous, and apparently quite  cold hardy.  Does well in droughts, as
well as with tons of  rain.   It does produce seed at the end of a season, but
if you cut  off the seed pods, it will continue to bloom.  I usually cut the
seed pods  the end of spring, summer and fall.   There is also an orange
blooming  species that does well, but supposedly does not get as tall.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 7/14/2006 11:03:23 AM Central Standard Time,