Re: Cooling plants with mist?

Dunno, Chris, what's your usual RH? I would guess it's got to be pretty low to get enough evaporation to significantly lower the temperature and/or dry up mist too. I have Toro misters in my lathhouse to raise humidity [average RH this time of year is about 60 percent when it isn't raining] for orchids, cutting boxes, and sundry tropical plants. It's also useful in winter to protect against unanticipated frost.

My father used to tell about a prospector who invented a mister that he could wear on his head. He tested it in Death Valley. It worked. He froze to death.