RE: An Inconvenient Truth

My neighbor went to see it and spoke to the press afterward.  She talked
about buying live Christmas Trees and planting after the holiday--(She's
Muslim, does not celebrate the holiday and they have NO conifers, pines or
evergreens in their yard) and how everyone had to do their part (like she
does driving her brand new large gas guzzling SUV.)  She talks the talk, but
I have yet to see her walk the walk.  Thus far, it just seems to be a
popular thing to do...talk the talk.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my
neighbor.  I just wish she would have been honest with the press and with
herself.  (She really is, otherwise, a very dear person.)

The inconvenient part is walking the walk.  This neighbor made the same
points I had discussed with her some years back and have been doing since DH
and I were married (without benefit of Al Gore, thank you.)  You see, it is
too inconvenient to do something oneself.  It is the government's job to do
it all.  I don't believe in that.  It is the responsibility of all of us.  A
grass roots movement will do much more than the government can or will do.
We speak to business like no one else can.  Want more fuel efficient and
clean cars?  Don't patronize the companies that refuse to make them.  Want
more alternative power for cooling and heating homes?  Don't lobby against
wind power, water power, geothermal because it may not be pretty.  Buy solar
when possible.  It will make it cheaper and more available to the masses.

Our schools here do teach segments in every stage of school regarding
conservation and ways to work with nature already.

That is my humble opinion, of course.  You may differ with it.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)