To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather + kudos

So Josh, how would one know what Linneaus and his buds meant by the species name, cassinoides? Yes, it means Cassine-like, but how are we to know whether it resembles the genus, Cassine, or as in your citing, a species called cassine, within another genus? Or did they also mean that Ilex cassine also looks like the genus, Cassine, and just didn't feel like adding -oides, or even -folia?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Haskell" <haskell@ncweb.com>