RE: Black Swallowtail Caterpillars

Very cool! I have caterpillar envy.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: 7/24/2006 8:04 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Black Swallowtail Caterpillars

Black Swallowtail Caterpillars
O.K. ya'll, this is the THIRD year I have tried to grow my bronze fennel
big enough to host the black swallowtail caterpillars. Last year the
goofy peacocks ate my plants, the year before that we had too much rain
and they rotted. BUT LOOK!!!! last night I went out and counted them -
58 caterpillars were on my plants!!! I went NUTS. I had to drag the
whole family outside to look at them. The last words out of my mouth
before I drifted off to sleep were, "58 of them, I counted...." My
husband laughed because I was so excited.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/silverhawk@flash.net/album?.dir=/7512re2&;.
src=ph&.tok=ph9h4OFBrNmx9WCo