Re: Re: Texas Storm

Wow- tadpoles on you back patio! Sorry to that you seem to have gotten all of the state's rain at your house. Hope you dry up a bit and soon!

Theresa

TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:
Swimming. Always wanted a swimming pool....just not have the house in the middle of one.
No flooding in the house, although tons of leaks in the roof. More rain than any hurricane, too much for the gutters to handle, and it's getting under shingles, etc. Subdivision roads are flooded, can't get out of the house. Enough with the rains already....we were doing fine with rains before this storm hit. Had too much rain last week already .....but this is awful. Bayous are full, so they can't handle the run off anymore.
Stood at the back door and watched fish, tadpoles, toads, and turtles swimming around on the patio. Not much I can do about it. Toads and Turtles will find their way back into the ponds. Our fig tree is loaded with figs, but most of them unfortunately are splitting and falling off due to all the rains. Plants seem to be fine, but the turf grass out front is dead.....it doe
sn't get a chance to dry out enough to come back. Not necessarily a bad thing, but we already had the minimum amount of turf required by the deed restrictions.
Last year we didn't have enough rain, this year it's WAY too much. Sure wish SO much some of this would go north to Pam......even San Antonio, only a couple hours from here, isn't getting any. I know I should not complain, we wished for rain last year, but enough already!!!!!!! Only good thing, temps have been way below normal for days now. Only good thing. Even got to turn off the A/C, was too cold in here. Definittely a first for July.
Anyone have a boat I can borrow??
Noreen
zone 9
soggy Texas Gulf Coast