From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:33 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] OT/Red stuff

OK, so many of us don't eat read meat, or at least not much. How about red
jello? I just tried my first sugar free, cherry jello. Can I get an EEW?

I had lime last night, which wasn't bad, but definitely not a fan of the
cherry. Keep in mind, I haven't eaten jello since I was child. For me,
thoughts of jello usually bring up one of the most heinous dished my family
used to make for holidays. "Congealed Salad" Now why on earth would you EVER
refer to a food as congealed anything? Conjures up all sorts of visions of
nasty stuff that congeals like blood and fat. My mother used to take red
jello, mix it with cool whip (I think) fill it with fruit and nuts, dump it
all into a bundt pan, then dump it out on a plate when it was cold and call
it congealed salad. Yuck! Speak of the devil. She just called. My bad, it
wasn't cool whip. One recipe had cream cheese and orange jello and
pineapple. The other had cream cheese, bananas, nuts, and orange jello. So,
there ya go.
That's my story for the night. Has absolutely nothing to do with plants. I
just felt the need to rant about the evils of jello.

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC
Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue