Re: OT/Red stuff

Zem, It's obviously our Southern background.  I grew up with
congealed salads - they were the special party dishes for most
events.  A favorite was orange Jello with grated carrots and crushed
pineapple - "Sunshine salad."  But tomato aspic was not totally
Southern.  When we moved to New York and I achieved the social
prominence of membership in the Garden Club of Peekskill (I've long
since moved on from there, but they thought pretty highly of them-
selves), tomato aspic was on the menu of all of their fancy luncheons.
I haven't eaten Jello since my children were small, but still make
tomato aspic on occasion - my DH loves it.
Auralie