Re: PHLOX - gift appearance..

I got some tall phlox along with the cannas Pam sent me. Maybe it was a surprize from our Texas pal?
To: "Gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 10:45 AM
Subject: [CHAT] PHLOX - gift appearance..

O.K., I have never planted phlox (the tall kind) in my entire life. I
have WANTED to, and looked into buying the "David" because it is
powdery-mildew resistant....but...have not done it yet. I went out to
water my garden last night...and I found a purple phlox blooming in my
garden. I was stunned. I have no neighbors close by (I live in the
country) so where did this come from? The garden fairy must have known
that I wanted some and gave it to me.

Question: what time of year do you buy the tall phlox and plant it? I'm going to do it this year (or next).