RE: dry as an old bone

I'm seconding Auralie's plead for some rain!  It has been delightfully cool
for the past few days.  I've been wearing old jeans and a t-shirt to garden
in. I also wore a light JACKET most of the day! Just a few minutes ago I
felt a few drops, but nothing much has fallen.

I am trying to make things presentable for my daylily club's tour here on
Saturday. I won't be able to get to everything, but I'll put a good dent in
it! I have NEVER seen so many poison ivy seedlings! Everywhere you look the
birds have deposited the seeds! I picked up a few seedlings today, with my
bare hands of course, but I rinsed my hands in the pond right away and
rubbed them in the dirt and kept on weeding.  I don't know if that will be
enough to prevent me from getting it.  Only time will tell!  I did wash
thoroughly when I came inside about 20 minutes later.

This morning I went to one of my favorite nurseries hoping that they would
have a sale.  Well a sign said "THE SALE IS OVER!"  I guess they had a
pre-holiday sale! So, I went to another nursery that I like and their sale
was still on! I bought some nice annuals in 3" pots for 50 cents each. Other
specialty annuals were 3/$8.00. I bought Acalypha wilkesiana 'Firestorm'
which I have grown before, but no longer have.

It's now 10 PM and I forgot to mail this. I hope everyone had a good 4th of

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)