Re: OT - chifforobe and life events

So sorry to hear this. I've been through it twice and nothing is clear cut. Even when amicable, divorce is very stressful. Life is just never quite as we thought it would be. Hang in there and count on the group to be there for when you need us. You'll come out ok when it is all over. You may not feel ok for quite a while, but there will come a time when you see that change can be good. Take care and let us know if you need anything
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - chifforobe and life events

Ah yes, sounds very cool actually. However, wouldn't be much use to me, as I've never owned a hat box in my life. For that matter, other than baseball hats, I think I've only worn a hat once as a teenager on Easter. Guess I'm just not a hat person.

On another completely off topic- I wanted to share that I've got one more major life event going on currently. I am in the process of getting divorced. My choice, but still stressful. Not sure you all need this info, but since it feels like we all know each other, I felt like I wanted to share it.

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
A sort of cupboard or wardrobe - there may be a better name for it.
It was a large piece of furniture with a space for hanging clothes
on one side and drawers on the other aand across the bottom. There was a false front piece on the top about a foot high - carved into a shape - that my grandmother stored hat boxes behind. Very nineteenth century. In a message dated 07/07/2007 9:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, tchessie1@sbcglobal.net writes:

OK- so I've wondered in the past- what exactly is a chifferobe?

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
That sort of thing happens.  When I was a child, I named a kitten
Dr.Pepper, as that was a new and popular drink then. A few months later Dr.Pepper produced a litter of kittens in the bottom
drawer of an old chifferobe where my grandmother stored all her
paper dress patterns.  Auralie