Re: OT - chifforobe and life events

What they said Theresa...I've been there too. Stressful and not very
fun. But when the dust settles and your life evens out, it gets so much
better. Vent away my friend...we are here for you. And like Jim said,
it's hard to be the "millionaire next door" when you are busy paying off
the debt from divorce - uggghhhh. But it gets better.

  I will ditto everything Kitty said--including having been there twice
before, also. Not fun, but your life is your life and it's not a
rehearsal for anything else. Just remember what the comedian
said--divorce is the process of turning one middle-income family into
two poor ones. It's true. If we can help, let us know.

On Jul 7, 2007, at 5:20 PM, Theresa W wrote:

> Ah yes, sounds very cool actually. However, wouldn't be much use to
> me, as I've never owned a hat box in my life. For that matter, other
> than baseball hats, I think I've only worn a hat once as a teenager on
> Easter. Guess I'm just not a hat person.
>
> On another completely off topic- I wanted to share that I've got one
> more major life event going on currently. I am in the process of
> getting divorced. My choice, but still stressful. Not sure you all
> need this info, but since it feels like we all know each other, I felt
> like I wanted to share it.
>
> Theresa
>

> Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
>> A sort of cupboard or wardrobe - there may be a better name for it.
>> It was a large piece of furniture with a space for hanging clothes
>> on one side and drawers on the other aand across the bottom. There
>> was a false front piece on the top about a foot high - carved into a
>> shape - that my grandmother stored hat boxes behind. Very nineteenth
>> century.
>> In a message dated 07/07/2007 9:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>> tchessie1@sbcglobal.net writes:
>> OK- so I've wondered in the past- what exactly is a chifferobe?
>> Theresa
>> Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
>>> That sort of thing happens. When I was a child, I named a kitten
>>> Dr.Pepper, as that was a new and popular drink then. A few months
>>> later Dr.Pepper produced a litter of kittens in the bottom
>>> drawer of an old chifferobe where my grandmother stored all her
>>> paper dress patterns. Auralie

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10
Heat Zone 10
Sunset Zone 25
Minimum 30 F [-1 C]
Maximum 100 F [38 C]

Jesse R. Bell

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.
I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends
and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That's what's insane about it."  -  John Lennon