Re: Tomatoes! blossom end rot

I don't eat eggs very much, so I think I'll need to go buy some calcium. But thanks for the info.

Theresa

Pam Evans wrote:
Theresa, I always save my eggshells, let them dry and grind them up.  I mix
them into the ground when I plant peppers and tomatoes and top dress w/
crushed eggshell once a month thereafter.  No more blossom end rot.  Quit
eating and growing tomatoes about 5 years ago (horrendous heartburn) but it
always worked.

NOW...if I can just manage to harvest a tomato!!! I have some small ones
growing from the baskets, but with the overcast weather we have had for
over a MONTH now, they don't get the sunshine they need. Still got my
fingers crossed though. I LOVE the fact that the cutworms cannot get
them. I hate to kill those because they become luna moths and I think
they are beautiful - this way it's a win/win situation (so far).

Lynda Young <lyoung@grindertaber.com> wrote:
That's interesting, Jesse. I, too, have miserable luck with tomatoes and
have been wondering if those planters are worth the investment. I might
have to give them a try. Thanks for the testimonial.

Lynda
Zone 7 West TN