garden is coming along but now

I have itchy feet.......................

First off-the garden really is coming along. Amongst the bamboo, mimosas,
vines, and weeds are now elephant ears, banana trees, canna lilies, split-leaf
philodendrum, crinum. hibiscus moeschutus, moon vine, perennial morning glory,
mandevilla, Japanese maples, and a myriad of other things I can't even recall.
The shade garden is almost all in with lots of hosta, astilbe, ferns,
camellias, impatiens, hydrangea, etc. It's going to be gorgeous in another
year. My back aches and I went to the orthopedic surgeon for a series of shots
yesterday in L4 and L5. Needless to say I am SORE today. He commented that my
"fascia" seemed exceptionally tender. He had to explain to me that was the
covering over my muscles, so he gave me extra "juice" to help soothe it. I go
back on the 22nd for my second round and if that doesn't help then another MRI
as my right side is also now bothering me, which has never happened. It's
always been the left.Anyway-I'm sure the shots wil help.

About the itchy feet-I know I said I wanted to nothing for the next several
months now that I've finished my degree except have fun and read trashy
romance novels. I'm kind of over that. I've moved on from Nora Roberts to at
least Billie Letts, whom I've always like a lot. The other thing is, I'm bored
to death with my job. Don't get me wrong, it's a good job, good salary for
Beaufort, yada yada. However, there are almost no horticultural jobs here with
the exception of mowing someone's lawn for $10.00 an hour and that ain't

So, since I've been spending so much time in Charleston lately it got me to
thinking. I started looking at some positions up there and have applied for
three just for the heck of it. 2 of them relate to my degree and 1 is at the
local technical college, basically doing what I'm doing now, but on a MUCH
higher level and pay scale, and they have a horticulture program whereby I
could potentially teach if they needed an adjunct faculty member, or if a
position came open I'd be in the right place. Just seeing what's going to
happen. I didn't miss Charleston for years, but now I do. My mom and I have a
new, and better relationship so I'm sure that has something to do with the
letting go of my refusal to ever move back to Charleston. I would certainly
not sell this place as I've decided I will attempt to never sell another piece
of real estate again until I'm ready to retire for life. I could rent this
place in a skinny minute. Anyway-these are thoughts that are mulling about in
my head. Charleston simply offers so much more opportunity in SO MANY things
than Beaufort and, it's still on the coast and just as beautiful as BEaufort,
only bigger.

How's everyone else?