From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Judy Browning
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:20 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] green beans

We love home canned green beans, too. Have to use a pressure canner,
though.
Water bath doesn't get hot enough for low acid veggies. Mmm green beans
make
good pickles too, look really pretty in the jar. My gran cut carrot
sticks
the same width as the beans, & all as long as the jar is tall, included
couple of green onions per jar. Taste more like a bread & butter rather
than
dill or sweet pickle.