Re: Berries

Oh, yum! I remember making raspberry ice cream with the berries we picked on my husband's property. He would complain about the seeds getting stuck in his teeth. I told him he wasn't supposed to chew ice cream.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:56 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Berries

Went berry picking this AM. Specifically, raspberry and boysenberry picking at a local U-Pick farm. We brought home about 10 pounds of raspberries and 5-6 pounds of boysenberries. Yum! Mostly they will be used to make jam and syrup, but also a few tarts, beginning with the boysenberries because they are the more fragile of the two. On the way to the farm, we drove over a covered bridge built in 1913--kinda neat, makes you think "rural."

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'