Re: NOLA

Probably 3-1/2 to 4 feet. Should point out that he/she was fairly "tame" and used to being handled. Even so, however, I was advised to hold its mouth shut when I held it; I did so, but I doubt there was any serious danger involved.

On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

Great pics Theresa - love the gators!! Jim, how big was the one you were
holding?

On 7/31/08, james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net> wrote:

Yes. Very nice. Alligators are something, aren't they? I remember holding
one once; their bellies are just as soft as kidskin.

On Jul 31, 2008, at 7:54 AM, Lynda Young wrote:

Great photos, Theresa!

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf
Of Theresa G.
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:22 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] NOLA

Pics are posted (but not labeled yet....)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tchess/sets/72157606451319887/

T.

Pam Evans wrote:

LOL - I'll bet you do.  BIG gators out there in Louisiana!

On 7/29/08, Theresa G. <macycat3@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I had a great time. It was an actual real vacation for me. 5 days,
no phone calls, no computer, no work. Wandered around and did what ever I wanted each day. Ate late lunch, found someplace for dinner,
rejoined my friend after he got out of his conference each dinner,
cruised the french quarter, ate lots of yummy food (blackened frog
legs come to mind, Oh, and also the best mojitos ever at a Cuban
restaurant). We did get beignets of course! I went on a boat tour
of the bayou, wandered through the art museum (which is quite
impressive!). Some parts of NOLA look like Katrina never happened,
and others are still completely obliterated.  It was a great trip!
Oh- I do have pics, but haven't downloaded them yet.  I'll let you
know when I do.  I have some great alligator pictures : )

Thearesa

Piam Evans wrotce:Absolutey. Any pics?

Hey Theresa-did you have your trip to New Orleans yet? Tell all!!!

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'