Re: today

Years ago when we lived in another house there used to be a nice-sized
garden snake that would curl up on my sunny doorstep on bright
mornings.  I didn't mind him at all, but visitors would often get excited
and make a fuss.  Those were the days when we had milk delivered, and
the delivery man always complained.  One day I got tired of all the
complaints and called the Bear Mountain Zoo and asked if they would
like to have the snake.  I was standing near the open door looking at
the snake as I talked.  They said they would take it, but could not send
anyone to collect it.  I said, no problem, I'll bring it to you.  I hung up
and went down to the basement to get a box for the snake.  When I
got back it was gone, and never reappeared.  I was just sure he had
heard my conversation and decided to make himself scarce.
In a message dated 7/9/2009 2:11:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
justjess01@gmail.com writes:

him 4-5 miles away to keep him from coming back to my chicken house.
Wow.  That's a long way for something that slithers....

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.