Re: today

I have a black snake that lives under the front landing and steps.  They
can do a good job of keeping varments down.

We once had two large snakes that looked somewhat like cooperheads but when
we turned them over they had black and white piano key like stomachs...they
were not poisonous but the type of snake people used to keep in their corn
cribs.

http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/07/in-scorn-and-praise-of-ca