Re: More pet product recall
  • Subject: Re: More pet product recall
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:47:55 -0400

Good luck with separate feeding, Kitty. With our 4 we found it impossible to keep them out of one another's food. Not enough doors in the house or hours in the day to monitor them.

$6/pound? Yikes! Can you make food for him as we did for the dogs when they developed kidney failure from the chinese pet food?

I can't afford another cat just now. Since I'm down to two and Seamus can only have food 2x a day for 1hr each time, I've decided to try one more time to help Slugger. He's got some sort of food allergy and the only food he should eat is $6 a pound dry and $2.20 for a 5oz wet. I don't eat that well! But without it, he frequently goes berserk scratching his head, falling off tables and down stairs. It's like an epileptic fit. He's damaged one ear from the extreme scratching. I couldn't afford this food when I had 5 cats. I tried but it's impossible to keep them out of each others food.

So, I'll give it one more try. If this doesn't work this time, he'll just have to continue living with the problem and I'll have to look for a young hunter next year.