Re: This and that
  • Subject: Re: This and that
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 10:49:26 EDT

I know I have woodchucks, but I haven't seen a rabbit in years.
There are too many coyotes around, I guess, and also a few
foxes.  That's why I can't let my cats out.  In past years the
cats took care of chipmunks.
I know chipmunks aren't supposed to eat plants, but they are
the only things that can get into my screened porch, and they
definitely have eaten plants in there - to say nothing of the
red pepper ristra that was hanging there that they have totally
demolished and carried bits of all around the yard.
Something is carefully eating the blossoms off my pink
petunias- not the plants, just the blossoms.  They rebloom
in about a week and the blooms only last about half a day.
I haven't seen the culprit yet - the only critters I see are the
chippies - four or five of them run every time I step out my
kitchen door - and squirrels, which come for the bird food.
Not a good gardening year.
In a message dated 7/9/2010 10:42:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,