Re: autumn planting....
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: autumn planting....
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:08:42 -0500

NO PROB!  I will have a TON of these seeds to share.  So far I have
you and Zem.  Any other takers out there?
I bought the "mother plant" at the Sand Springs Herb Festival 3 years
ago.  Just one plant.  Not sure exactly WHAT kind of datura it
is...because there was no tag.  But - it looks just like the ones that
Georgia O'Keefe painted, so I'm sure it's pretty close to being just
plain ole "Jimpson Weed"  LOL.  The flowers are very large and
"glow-in-the dark WHITE".  That one plant produced very hardy and
beautiful plants after that....and more seeds than I know what to do
with.  I can only grow them on my back porch because they are toxic to
animals if eaten.  Most animals have enough sense to NOT eat them, but
every now and then it happens.  If you go to my Facebook page (under
Jesse Rene Bell) and go to my photos, under my garden photo album, you
can see the pictures that I took last year.

--
Jesse R. Bell