pruning an avocado
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: pruning an avocado
  • From: Theresa G <tchessie@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 20:55:14 -0700

Hoping someone can help me with this....

We have a small avocado tree (grown from a pit) that is now about 2 feet
tall and looks very healthy.  the problem is, it hasn't developed any
lateral branches.  It is only a straight stem with many leaves.  I'm
tempted to nip off the top to get it to branch out, but not sure if this is
the right thing to do for an avocado.  Help please!

Theresa
(in hot Davis, CA)