Re: Transplanting Lilies

In a message dated 6/5/03 9:27:05 AM, cathyc@rnet.com writes:

<< After the top growth has died to the ground? >>

Cathy, in our climate the top growth needs to be yellowed.  This will occur
much later for the Orientals.  In fact, many times the Orientals will be green
yet but I do wait as long as I can.  I cut the stem to about 12" and do the
dividing or moving.
    The stems should always be removed to reduce the risk of disease.  Remove
when you can give a quick yank & it easily  pulls out.  I usually tour the
garden after we are well into winter to get the last stems which will be