From: Pamela J. Evans [mailto: gardenqueen@gbronline.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri,  6 Jun 2003 06:26:34 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] guy topics< duct tape

Y'all are NOT alone. Poor Pat has had her caryopteris shrubs
decapitated<br>3 times this Spring by her slap-happy weed whacking
husband (not a<br>gardener). We even got her some bricks to edge that
bed but she hasn't<br>gotten to it yet. If she doesn't soon, there won't
have to these snafu's. I'd have to choke anyone who hurt my
----------------------------------<br>From: Libby Valentine
<LVALENTINE@WORKINGCONCEPTS.COM><br>Reply-To:
(along with the other non-gardening spouse tales) make me feel
better!<br>>When I caught him standing IN the dahlia bed early last
summer whacking<br>>away... well, I didn't know I had such a vocabulary!
year when my plant orders came, he asked didn't I need to mulch
first,<br>>b

efore I put them out, since they'd get buried if it was done after.
I<br>>tried to explain about how one usually mulches *around* plants...
sigh...<br>>last year he got tired of how long it was taking me to move
the mulch from<br>>driveway to gardens so he "helped" finish it. Shall I
just say I am from<br>>that time forward highly motivated to get the
mulching done myself. (hmmmm<br>>perhaps that was the object
6/6/2003 1:09 AM<br>>Subject: Re: [CHAT] guy topics< duct
tape<br>><br>>LOL, Libby...my non-gardening DH, when he was mobile, had
feet that<br>>grew 3 sizes the moment they approached any non-weed sort
of plant:-)<br>> He would get out periodically with a weedwhacker and we
had a few<br>>rather heated discussions when precious baby shrubs were
decapitated.<br>> To this day, after nearly 30 years living with an
insane garden

 ext UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>