Re: RE: [CHAT guy topics< duct tape

In a message dated 6/6/03 3:08:56 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com writes:

<<  I have one good gardening friend whose husband is as ardent a gardener as
she is - how I envy her >>

Auralie, with a gardening husband comes a whole new set of problems.  I
selfishly like to make the decisions in selecting the plants, design, etc.  I truly
appreciate my husbands approach to gardening and that is as he says 'if you
are happy, I am happy'.  He helps with preparing the ground for a new bed,
manages the lawn (very well done), handles most of the watering, maintains the
edges of the bed and spreads mulch. He does tend to overwater but I will gently
suggest some plants do not require so much moisture and there are certain
plants I decide I need to watch more carefully & will water.  Mulching is not as I
would do but I quietly remove the mulch from the iris and move the mulch away
from the crown of the hostas & other plants.  I do all the planting, weeding,
deadheading and pruning.  It works for us!
    Ceres