From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Donna
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 7:45 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] vacation.....HA!

I have decided that we will never again stay home on our vacation! It is
toooooooo much work!

Our weather has been cool all spring here, but now that I am off, it is
hot!. I am looking forward to rain tomorrow so I do not have to work in
the garden! Got about half of my yard weeded today, after finally
finishing off my mothers pond. Between the two, I have filled John's
full size pick up with stuff twice already... no room for that much

For those in my area, what are the small brown things that look like a
cute mouse? Found a family, very bold I might add.... As I was taking
out some overgrown areas, hear the rustling. Thought it was a snake, so
continued being careful not to grab it. (nothing but gardener type here)

Out comes this little brown thing....with a baby crossing the path to
head over to where I am not working... bold, just a few feet away from
me... then mother heads back, gets another baby, turning so cute to make
sure the baby could get over the edging... then again... finally the
runt of the litter, which couldn't make it, so she picked it up and
carried it to safety...

Ok they got to go, but what are they and how?

BTW all the birds have hatched... the frogs and toads are unbelievable
this year, the bunnies have produced once again, the dragonflies are
back, but no hummers yet, great crop of wasps and bees,... getting kinda
noisy around here.... you would think you are in the middle of a forest

IL, Zone 5