Re: Buddleia

WOW, now this is a surprise to me.  I've never had any luck with the
Buddleias.  Had tried various different types for years and years.  Had the same
problems as you, Kitty.....spindly growth, then eventually died.    I have two now
that do very well, the B. lindleyana, has smaller bloom drupes than the
hybrids and suckers;  and B. marrubiifolia (which is a native to Tx.) with round
yellow blooms.  These two do well.

Just wondering..... I seriously thought that anyone zone 8 or lower could
probably grow the Buddleia with no problems. That it perhaps was a heat problem
since I tried various soils.  Wonder what the similarities are that we were not
able to grow it, and what DOES it need to grow??   Anyone grow the Buddleia
davidii successfully??

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast