Re: some black white garden sites

Thanks so much.  You have been very helpful.

Jesse Rene' Bell

From: F M Ferrari <fm4re@swbell.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] some black white garden sites
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:23:03 -0700 (PDT)

the garden referred to in the above site - a bit too modern for me but....
Jesse Bell <jesserenebell@hotmail.com> wrote:
*Sigh*, O.K. I'm at my wits ends. Last weekend I saw an article in one of
my MANY gardening magazines on "Black and White Gardens" and they mentioned
a book with a similar title. I know I tore the page out so I could look
into that book. NOW...I can't find it. Not that I don't have a million
things distracting me...my 16 year old son graduates from military school on
Saturday, family and friends coming, trying to sell my house, husband
looking for new job, kids home for the summer, etc. ANYWAY...I have torn
the place up looking for this. My question is: Does anybody have any IDEA
about a book that has to do with "black and white gardening". It was about
dark purple and red plants that look almost black (like "black magic
elephant ears", etc.) mixed with vivid white plants. I want to do a garden
like that. I've searched the internet, called bookstores and can't seem to
find anything by that name. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. My
brain is tired, my body is tired...my soul is tired. After graduation...I
think I would like to find a monastery that specializes in making
wines...and go hide there for a week. NO phone, no T.V., no husband, no
children, no job, no animals. Just me and monks going about their business
acting like I'm not there. (well, I can dream can't I?)

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6