Re: Clematis problem

Not just wild onions, I have May Apples coming up through it!
Cathy
On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 02:14 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

While I am sure landscaping cloth has its good points, it ought to
come with a big red warning label that says ROOTS WILL PENETRATE,
because they will and talk about a mess trying to get it out of
somewhere or get a plant out of a spot that has it under the
soil...yech!  I rue the day I ever used it anywhere but under a path
of mulch and I'm not so sure it does much there...those dang wild
onions just come right up through it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
Not saying that rocks do not have a place, but my problems with
them:
they tend to heat up the area around the roots when the area where
they
are used is in sun, and if they are placed on bare soil, they have
tendency to work their way down into the soil, which makes working
the
beds for compost/fertilizer/new plantings a real pain. (And I don't

even want to start discussions of rocks + landscaping cloth!
Cathy