RE: Plant Addicts?Horticulture Helpers Anonymous

Now That's what I'd call a vacation!

Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 12:18 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plant Addicts?Horticulture Helpers Anonymous

> OHMYGOSH...that sounds like ME!!
> Jesse Rene' Bell

True Story:

We on the CompuServe Garden Forum get together every couple of years.
About 5 years ago, we blitzed the Raleigh area. Besides the NCSU and
other gardens, we hit Plant Delights, Big Bloomers (where the perennials
are in alphabetical order in dozens of huge greenhouses (about 60' just
in Salvias! ) and Green Hill Hostas, where one of my friends picked up
her 200th named Hosta (and about 30 of their friends) .

Needless to say, we recited the pledge. And also drove or flew home with
so many plants that some of us had to mail our clothes home. ;-)

"A garden, where one may enter in and forget the whole world, cannot be
made in a week, nor a month, nor a year; it must be planned for, waited
for and
loved into being."    Chinese Proverb