RE: uses --Feverfew?

Could it be that you don't all have the same feverfew?  If you're growing
the species in a situation it finds comfortable it might be too happy.  But
if it is a cultivar that has been bred with more polite tendencies, it
might clump.
I have no experience with feverfew, but lots of people complain about the
spreading of Physostegia virginiana (False Dragonhead, Obedient Plant).
But the cultivar, P.v. "Miss Manners" supposedly stays put.  Then there's
P. 'Eyeful Towers' that would amble for miles if you let it, while the
species' travels pale by comparison.