Re: Slugs/frogs

Think assorted birds eat frogs and I'm pretty sure if a raccoon can
catch one, it will eat it; probably foxes too...they have quite a few
predators in a general way; some species are poisonous, I believe and
probably have few predators.  I'm not so sure about toads as they can
exude something through their pores that causes dogs to foam at the
mouth if they catch one and I assume other large predatory mammals
would have the same problem with them.  But, large birds like heron
and crows will eat toads and toads will eat toads (big ones will eat
little ones).

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :