Re: orchid question

Well, since I keep mine outside most of the year, I can only tell you what I
do when I have to bring them in for a short time.  I water the plant by
putting it in the bathtub or over a rain bucket and let the water pour through.  Let
the excess water drip through, then hang back up in it's usual spot.  In
between deep waterings, misting will do just fine.   Basket need not be large.  I
have some that are little 4 inch baskets, up to 20".
If this is not an option you choose, then try and put it in wider than deep
pot....this gives it the space to spread.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast