Re: now gravel rocks-Clematis & Rocks

In a message dated 06/27/2003 7:18:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:

> Another noticeable item is.... every seed that lands in the gravel seems
> to sprout! Often thought about starting my yearly seeds in gravel
> instead of soil! :)

Isn't that the truth, Donna!  Just this morning as I was weeding I was
wondering why it is that everything seems to want to climb right out of the
flowerbeds and into the gravel drive and paths.  Everything goes to seed there, and
perennials just move themselves right over.  I try to give them nice soil to
make them comfortable in the beds, but no, they like the gravel better.  They're
as  perverse as my children were.