Re: Lily Show

In a message dated 06/27/2003 2:45:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

> Auralie, I do more in the winter of course but I carry hand applique with me
> so if I have a few minutes or traveling in the car I may get a  bit
> accomplished.  I don't watch much TV but i do tape a couple day time shows
> and view late
> at night and always do hand work then.  My favorite subject to applique is
> flowers.
>   Ceres

I used to knit a great deal, and always carried my knitting to meetings -
helped me keep my mouth shut.  I have never watched much television, but I used
to watch football in the fall and winter, and got several sweaters finished
each season.  For the past 15 years, however, two things have just about ended my
knitting.  One was that when I became an elected officer of the State Garden
Club Federation and some other organizations, I felt I could not sit at the
head table and knit.  I no longer have to do that, but I'm out of the habit.
The other thing was getting a computer.  I started using a computer in 1984 for
my indexing work, and much of the time since I have spent as many as ten hours
a day working on it.  After that, my eyes are so tired that I can't look at
anything.  I do miss doing something creative.  Maybe someday I will get back
to it.  Your work sounds really lovely, and obviously you are creating your own
designs.  Continue  to enjoy it.