RE: Donna's corner was: Plumeria-Jim picture-links- and ??

Ceres, most of my ornaments tend to be scaled down at the base of plants.
By the time it's summer, they are greatly overshadowed by the plants
themselves.  I like it that way because it's rather like finding a whimsical
surprise when you round a bend or take a different angle on the garden.
Case in point:  rocks with faces and the footed pot with nails on its toes
and smaller polished stones with bas-relief items like hummingbirds.  And I
think something "unique" in the garden makes one stop and take a second
look: first at the object, but then at what surrounds it.

It may be trite, but neighborhood kids get a real kick out of my concrete
green alligator "swimming" in the mulch around the play set.  And one of
these days, I really do want to build a raised bed in an actual bed frame
with head and foot boards attached.  It's silly and I probably wouldn't put
that out on the corner, but in a more discreet area of the yard as a little
whimsy for--me, mostly.

I was raised with arts and crafts of many kinds: sewing, crochet, charcoal
sketching, pastels and watercolors and a bit of sculpting (high school art
major whose mother did crafts to supplement the family budget) so it's a
natural fit in my yard.  I really don't care whether some like the glass
Christmas balls I put on the ends of plant stakes and decorated with
beads/half marbles & wire!  I like gazing balls and I wanted to spread that
effect of seeing the reflections of the flora down the entire border at the
drive way without the expense and the larger balls and pedestals.  Some of
the "classy" gardeners might look askance upon the idea, but I think you
should add things that YOU appreciate seeing in the garden.  After all, the
birds and the critters and even the plants don't really care about
hardscape.  It's we humans who inserted that!  LOL!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)