Re: I'm Home

In a message dated 6/22/2004 4:21:26 PM Central Standard Time,
L_Valentine@adelphia.net writes:
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip - come on, let's have some more details!

I think I told you all I was going with my grandson and his Latin class.
Well, we were joined by a group of highschool atheletes from Springfiled,
Illinois, and a group of graduate students from Carolina A & T University.  What a
pleasure to be with such terrific people.  Anybody who thinks highschool kids
are a lost cause should have met the ones with us.  They were all winners.
Because it was such a young group the trip was fast paced with no time for
boredom.  I saw more in the 10 days I was gone than most adults could squeeze into a
month.  The weather was perfect the entire time.  I had never stayed in a
"youth" hotel before and found the ones we visited were pretty sparce in the
amenities department, but those experiences are the ones memories are made of.  If
I could afford it I would go with them every summer -- especially if the trip
included Sorrento.  I absolutely loved that town.  Along with Delphi in Greece
it was my favorite.  My grandson now has delusions of owning a villa on
Capri!  We took the night ferry to Greece, and I think the kids stayed up most of
the night in the disco on board.  I went to sleepl at 8.