RE: time to vent!

Hi! If you don't mind a newbie adding to this discussion, then here
goes. Of course, women do not physically have as many muscles as men, so
we cannot do everything a man can do that requires use of such muscles.
Few men I know use those muscles. LOL! Women in a religious group
criticized women for wearing pants. They said the Bible says women are
not to wear men's apparel, BUT I say that at that time men wore long
robes or long dresses, haha, and the OT is not for us to live by, just
the NT! LOL! MY Bible says for women to wear modest apparel. Dresses are
not modest to me.

include one's spouse or life partner in one's life enough to let them
know the struggle of trying to get a certain patch to grow. If this
spouse knew of the struggle and went ahead and cut it down without the
knowledge of the other person, then there's definitely an issue to
resolve. My husband does not like anyone or anything to hurt me, so my
first reaction to such things is to show him how hurt I am to hopefully
teach him what hurts me. Donna, if he knew you had been struggling for 5
years to get the patch to grow and cut it down anyway, then you two need
to talk. If he deliberately cut it down knowing you wanted it and had
worked hard for so long to get it to grow, then ask him why he cut it.
If he knew, then he should have discussed it with you first before
cutting it. He may have innocently thought he was helping. When someone
does something mean to me, I stop first and examine their motives.
Often, it's merely a misunderstanding. My husband and I got married not
only out of exceptional love for one another, but because we want to
share as much of our lives with each other as we can. We want to take
care of one another, too. I do all I can to ascertain that he's healthy
and happy. I study him to see what he needs. If he wants a patch of weed
like looking stuff to grow, then I certainly won't cut it down. If it
makes him happy, then he's more important than what the yard might look
like to others. Pleasing him is first. If he wants something I
absolutely hate, then I count, too, and a compromise needs to be worked
out. When I can't live with what he wants, then his desire for me to be
happy intervenes and we come to an agreement that pleases both of us. I
don't want to live here, so I get to have the inside of the house the
way I want. Of course, my first desire is to please him and make him
comfortable, so it's not all just what I alone want. Love means doing
what is best for the loved one. If your man loves you, then letting

es you. JMO (just my opinion) It is heart breaking to work hard for 5
years and just when you are about to succeed, someone hacks it all down.
Of course, you should be upset. But, did he know you wanted it to grow?
Did he know it was queen of the prairie and not a weed? Is it totally
his fault? Is part of it your fault for not sharing with him your
struggle and hard work and goal? Had he known, he probably would not
have thought it a weed and cut it down, right? So who is to blame? I
know you are upset and so disappointed at the loss, but what is the
bottom line?

As for women mowing the lawn, if they want to, why not? If they don't,
then they shouldn't have to. In my way of thinking, men are to sweat in
the field and the woman brings them a drink of water. Men are physically
made to withstand higher levels of heat and lower temperatures as well,
compared to the woman. We are the help mates, not the main laborer.
However, if we want to plough the field, then we should do it, but not
be made to do it instead of the man. I dumped a man years ago who
purposely took me with him to buy a lawn mower. He made us go into the
back and to see if I could start the thing, before he'd buy it! Two
pulls and the thing started; from then on, I had to mow the lawn. Some
people say that the vibration of a lawnmower is not good for a woman's
anatomy, especially if she's pregnant. My dad was outraged at having
women on his road crew. LOL! My mother was on the other end of a two
"man" chainsaw and wielded a sledge hammer and axe in cutting and
splitting firewood. She worked hard in the apple orchard, too. She had
three small girls to care for, but still worked like a man beside her
man.............because she had to for survival in the 1940's. By the
early 1960's, mom retired from such hard work and had four girls to care
for then though we were old enough to start helping her. She let us,
too. LOL! She was worn out by that time and suffered a heart attack at
the age of 39. IF a woman wants to do hard work out there with the men,
then "you go girl"! I LOVE working outside with flowers and gardens, but
I really don't want to dig ditches and such. In the late 1970's, I did
work very hard in helping my husband build a cabin in the mountains out
of stone and adobe mud! I worked with a five foot 20 lb crow bar prying
rocks loose all day, while he carried them to the building site, too. I
know hard work, but cutting brush out there is left to the men around
here. LOL! If my husband had his way, I'd sit on a pedestal all day
being served and pampered. I told him my heart will grow we

en a woman does the same job as a man, she deserves the same benefits
and pay! If a woman wants to be a boxer or a carpenter, then she should
do it. In America, are we all truly free?

Yesterday, I bought some new house plants. It's been years since I could
have them due to our situation. Now that we're back home in the USA, I'm
settling in again. What plants thrive indoors with a person who has
forgotten all about house plants? LOL! I remember using some type of
fish emulsion plant food and misting the plants now and then and washing
the dust off of them. What else? What plants do well pretty much on
their own? I bought several Coleus canina that's supposed to repel dogs,
cats, rabbits, martens, foxes, etc. It even repels me! LOL! It smells
rather like skunk perfume! Says not to water it too much and tolerates
dryness. Sounds perfect for this soil. Says it's not hardy though. We
have to dry mulch a lot of trees and plants here, as it gets down near
zero in the winter.

This list is fun!
God bless,
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneths me." Phil. 4:13
"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them
to become what they are capable of being."
"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they
merely determine where you start." - Nido Qubein -
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars."
- Author Unknown -

> Yesterday while I was on 'the girls' road trip, DH who should not
> even
> be outside, decided to help me in the garden....
> He proceeded to cut down my entire patch of queen of the prairie, a
> 5X5 ft stand about to bloom this week.

> I came home, looked out the patio door and had a fit!
> He thought it was a weed with seed heads and didn't want it to
> spread... it only took me 5 years to get it to fill the area!...destroyed in an afternoon.
Grumble, grumble....

MakeADifference@ http://newsmad.com + http://lovemad.org