RE: lefty's

And...one more thing....if we read and wrote from right to left....I bet
the majority of people would be left handed. What do you think?

Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net> wrote:I was ambidextrous as a kid - MAJORLY - when I colored, I had a crayon
in both hands, when I drew a picture, I had a pencil in my right hand
and a crayon in the left. When I used Play-Dough..I would shape and mold
with both hands...then I went to kindergarten. They would not allow me
to draw, write or cut with my left hand...so there ya go. Why do people
CARE? When I asked my grandfather, who did calligraphy and copperplate,
he said it was because the pens they used back then were designed for
the right hand, like scissors, and to make or convert one of the pens
for the left hand was just considered a hassle and because they used ink
in a bottle, if you used your left hand (we right from left to right) it
would smear the ink before it was dry. And penmanship was a major deal
back then. Regular handwriting was a work of art and they were graded on
it. Now that three year olds are using the computer most of that has
gone by the wayside. And...by the way...I was taught

calligraphy, Spencerian and copperplate by an 80 year old master who
used to design the diplomas that hang on the walls (he did them by hand
and had them reproduced). When I do envelopes and such, I just doodle
and use crappy old calligraphy pens...but I have some artwork and
calligraphy (illumination with 14K gold on it) that I did when I worked
with him...and one of the pieces now hangs in Morocco...in the palace.
Kind of cool, huh? LOL (just some trivial info for ya'll)

Tchessie wrote:
Wow- there are alot of lefty's here! Me too.
Just to clarify- both sides of your brain are involved in activities (motor
and language), just sometime more one than the other (that is unless you
have no corpus callosum). The majority of lefties are ambidextrous to some
degree. Most right-handers are only right-handed.