From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 12:10 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now sunblock- was-Air Layering now weather...

I think we all need to find what works in our own situation.  I found the
socks very comfortable.  Another nice thing about them is they can be added
or subtracted from the wardrobe of the moment.  If I'm wearing short sleeves
on a long drive, I can slip the socks on while in the car and strip them off
when I reach the destination.  If I'm at the display gardens on a "workday"
I can slip them on if I have a sun-job.
The main reason for the socks instead of long sleeves is that I am short.
All long sleeved items in my own size come way past my finger tips and must
be rolled up.  That's adding more bulk.  And that's if they STAY rolled up,
which they don't.  A man's shirt would have arms probably even longer.  The
added length is just a hassle.
For me, the socks work better.