Re: lefty's

Left hand on the handle, right foot on the blade. I use a trenching spade for almost everything. Where there are no pine roots, it's pure sand; where there are pine roots, it's yard guy and his honed shovel. Seems to work. So far.

On Monday, June 28, 2004, at 11:48 AM, Judy L Browning wrote:

Left foot on shovel,
I'm righthanded, somewhat ambidextrous, can write legibly left handed & read
mirror images & upside down as easily as right side up. Can draw pretty well
when I practice, but too many other interests to pursue it. BTW dextrous
comes from dexter meaning right
Judy B z 6 Idaho, 98 f daytime 78 F at 10 pm when I went to bed last night.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Libby Valentine" <L_Valentine@adelphia.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] lefty's

Correct for Hebrew, think so on Arabic but not positive. And kanji
(Chinese
and Japanese characters) are written vertically but the individual strokes
that make up an individual character are all made left to right or top to
bottom, in specified sequence.

Majorly COOL on the artwork, Jess!!

I'm apparently in the minority in this group, right-handed with
ambidextrous
capabilities.

Just for fun, when digging a hole, which foot do you put on the shovel to
step down on it?

Libby
Maryland zone 6