Re: Aristolochia was: Butterfly population

> From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
> Cathy, is that Dutchman's pipe Aristolochia gigantee? I had one of
> those growing on my lath house for a couple of years. Really great
> butterflies, but what a mess! I still think the flowers are great
> looking...in someone else's yard.

What kind of a mess and is it only that one species of Aristolochia?
 I have been killing assorted species for the past 4 years and so far
A. clematitis has returned in one spot, but has not flowered.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :