Re: If you have already seen this - or are not a windows user- hit delete.

I got my first computer in early 1995, started wit W3.1, then 95, then 98.
So i've probably been on a computer for a shorter length of time than many
of you.  However, during these 9 years it has been my impression that while
many programs/systems, offer more options than before, the writers have
decided the users are too dumb to know how to use them intelligently.  So
they have created wizards and 'help' files to get you through while hiding
everything that used to be out in the open from you.  They also seem to feel
that simple straight-forward layouts are boring and must be changed with
each new version.

I'm not complaining about it all. Win95 was a great improvement. But each
new incarnation threw a bunch of crap like channels and stuff at you that
you had to deal with b4 you could get started. Now I look at XP in default
desktop and can't find anything.  I've never dealt with profile options as
I've been the only steady user on my computer at home or work.

I guess I'm just sort of old school.  But I like things simple and
accessible.  Like my 35mm camera.  I got a semi-automatic which includes a
manual override because I still want to control certain aspects of the
photo.  I love WordPerfect over Word.  One big advantage is "Reveal Codes".
You can see the codes and know exactly where you are and what you are
changing.  I like older photo programs like Photoworks because menus are
laid out logically rather than with stupid qstns like "What would you like
to do?"

Yes, I know I'll have to deal with a different platform one of these days
and I'll figure it out and adjust. I hope I'll be able to continue using
Photoworks and WP, though.