Spray & Tides

Mixed up a batch of volck horticultural oil spray and sprayed the
medjool date palms. They have scale. As soon as I finished spraying,
however, it started to rain again. Oh well... spray them again if the
rain ever stops. In the last 5 days we have had more rain than we
normally get during the whole month of June. And it's still coming.
It's kind of scary [not to mention tedious] to look at the Gulf of
Mexico satellite--big storms streaming out of the western Caribbean,
across the Caymans and Cuba, and aiming right at us.

Also thinking about going to the beach in the morning, weather
permitting. We wanted to be sure we went as at close to low tide as we
could, so I had to find a site that posted tide time tables. Google
found this University of South Carolina site that is really

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10